Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Today was Keegan's first day of preschool ever. I was so excited for him to get to go be a big boy. We were really nervous about it because he didnt like nursery till he was 2 1/2 so we wondered how he would take 5 hrs with strangers. I tried to tell him about going for a while so he would be prepared but who knows if it made any difference.
The teacher said he was a little all over the place at first but she didnt mention crying so thats awesome. It was especially hard to tell how he would do today because this morning he decided to wake up at 430 am and was wide awake ready for the day.
When I got there to pick him up he was laying of the floor just looking around. I was thinking humm kinda silly. Well Apparently he was so tired that after he ate all his lunch he set his head on the lunch table and was out cold. She said they tried to wake him and everything but nothing worked so they moved him to the floor in her room. So he napped for like the last 2 or so hours crazy kid.
I guess today felt like a half day of school for him so we will see on Thursday if he can stay awake for the full 5 hrs and then we will be able to tell how he will do. But we are very optimistic that this will be great for him and that he will learn that speaking is key when he is around so many other kids for so long and that he will speak more words.

This was him finishing his breakfast bar just before leaving for school.

He actually listened for this picture I told him to turn around and walk to the door so we could see him heading off like a big boy with his backpack on. It was so cute.


Here he is just outside the door inside school, his expression and stance crack me up. It looks like to me he is thinking mom whats the big deal and stop making me pose for pics people are looking at me.


At his classroom, they have baby gates up so the kids cant get out and so they dont have to shut the doors. Once he got in he looked at me like up your cageing me up, jezz mom. Then the teacher asked if he needed help getting his bag off and he looked at me like um who is this and now im getting worried here.


He let the teacher help him get it off and he just stared at me so I said go have fun and play bud and he ran off to the chalk board. I didnt stay long enough to see how he would do because he is one that if he sees you leave he will cry so I just slipped away.


After school we went to Sonic to get drinks, gotta love half price drinks. This is Zanes cherry limade, Keegan loved it he had a death grip on the thing. I guess I now know what to get him there, every time I get him something he never drinks it but I hadnt tried this kind on him before. Then when we got home he kept stealing my coke from me saying more more yumm. He is getting to be such a big boy, man they grow so fast.

No comments: