Saturday, August 23, 2008

5 year Anniversary Today

This is a wedding tag I saw on a friends blog.
1. When were you married? Saturday, August 23, 2003
2. Where did you get married? Portland Temple
3. Who proposed and how? After only 2 weeks of dating we knew we loved each other and would get married. We had already done a little planning before the proposal. He waited till the day my dad came to take me home for the summer. The three of us were at dinner and he asked my dad right in front of me, which was no shock to dad. When he had arrived I took him straight to the dress shop to get my dress. He proposed the next morning in his apartment living room, he had the ring tied to a rose and knelt down and wala, we were engaged.
4. What was the favorite part of your wedding day? The look on my dads face when he had to let me go with my new hubby and having our friends and family there with us.
5. What would you change if you could? Having not had someone hit my car the day before, it kinda put a dent in the day.
6. What were your colors? Navy blue and silver
7. Do you remember any good advice you were given: Never go to bed angry with each other.
8. Were you clean or messy with your wedding cake? We were pretty clean, only got cake on our faces not on our clothes.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Sorry to say we didnt have a honeymoon we went straight to school.
10. What's your favorite thing about being married? Knowing that we will always have someone there for us and our amazing boys.


Pictures to come later our scanner is on the fritz

5 comments:

Kirsti said...

yay! I'm so glad you did this post- we were married 1 day apart!!

Melonie said...

How cool is that! One day apart from Kirsti. Kirsti's trying to play catch up so she can have two boys like you. ;) Happy Anniversary Zane and Ashli!

Anonymous said...

Ashli,

Thanks for keeping us in the Loop!
I really enjoy your Blog! I miss the Boys terribly, I know that do not know us very well. My hope is that someday they will. We are all busy trying to get away for the weekend. Spencer and Jazi are in Grants Pass. Heather is running her Triathalon in Hood River, then she and Fam are headed to Othello to put windows in Dustin's Brothers home. Dad and I are going away to the Coast this weekend. from Thursady to Monday. I can not beleive it, we have nto gone anywhere all summer. We are frantically trying to get our business loose ends tied up so we can go after we get home from our shift at the Temple tomorrow. Emilee will be the only one left in Portland this weekend. She has to work..I guess somebody does.

I love your family pictures, thanks again for doing this Blog.
I love it!! and YOU all too.

Tamie (MOM)

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary...Late...Sorry I feel so out of the blogging loop!! I didn't realize I had missed so much going on in your life!! Can you believe it's been 5 years already??? I sure can't!! I remember you two new love birds... If it weren't for FHE who knows what would have happened???

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

everyone gives the advice to never go home angry with eachother but I find that sometimes the oposit is the best advice. You wake up and can't remember the rediculus reason you were mad for. (sorry no spell check in this window)