Thursday, February 7, 2008

Im soooo behind lets catch up

Thanksgiving
We went to Portland to visit the Brown part of the family. We were there for a week
and had a great time. The boys traveled great too. We had a laid back relaxing break we both needed. This time we stayed at his sister Heathers house it was great, when the kids were up Keegan had an instant play date with 3 kids. and I had Heather to talk to about all kinds of stuff, we both at the time had our little 5 month olds now almost 8 months. Wow time flies. While there we went to a inflatable play place. Keegan and I had a blast. I ran around with him most the whole time then the adults raced through the obstacle course. Zane beat us both due to what we call cheating, it really wasn't thou, since he is a lot taller than us he could heave and jump over things we needed to take the time to climb. But it was a lot of fun all around and wore us all out. We had a great thanksgiving turkey fiasco that we will all remember. Deep fried turkey anyone. thanks to our quick thinking sisters Emilee and Jasmin. They always do a great job with all the meals. And as a awesome surprise his brother Heath and his family, Shelly, Zach and Boston came. They said they couldn't come so that was a great surprise for us since we don't see them much anymore since we moved. Oh yeah and how could I forget we went up to see Zane's gma Brown, Konnor hadn't met her yet. More happened but these were the highlights I could still remember, sorry if i left anything out.



Christmas
Well December 7th Keegan's ECI program had a Christma
s party for all of their clients. Keegan had a blast they had wagon reindeer rides, he went 5 times, cookie decorating, picture frame decorating for the picture of them and Santa, prize walk, treats, bounce house and lots of bubbles oh and cant forget Santa, his least favorite part of it all.
We now are finally able to stay home for one of the holidays since we live 30 min from the O'Brien c
lan we were able to do our own thing and sleep in our own beds this time it was great. Sadly Keegan still doesn't get what Christmas is but oh well. Presents are always fun. We went to the Dallas Aquarium, it was really cool I hadn't been there in forever. We also went Ice Skating, that was new and tons of fun, Keegan loved it he didn't want to leave. And of course the O'Brien tradition of Christmas Eve dinner at Pappadaux, holly yummy. it has been a tradition for over 10 years. This year my sister Calli hosted Christmas day dinner at her house, so the extended family in the area came, my moms 2 sisters and their families . So Zane got us surprise gifts this year despite the budget. He got Keegan this huge play dough set that he loves totally awesome buy hun. He got me a toaster, I know your thinking what kinda present is that Zane, but really it was great and the best thing ever; when we got married he wanted a toaster oven so i said sure, ok after 4 1/2 years of complaining that i just wanted a regular toaster he gave in and got it for me. He got Konnor a stuffed dog that does different stuff when you touch the body parts, looks cute but oh my annoying but good effort anyway hun. Oddly enough he bought his present from me I had been working a lot and hadn't had the chance to go get it, a new game Call of duty 4.

Since

need to upload more pics from camera

3 comments:

Melonie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelly B. said...

hey I loved this nice long post! reliving the Thanksgiving memories was fun and seeing your Christmas pictures was GREAT!

Hey can you have your sis email me? I owe her money and I sent her an email but haven't heard back from her and I am feeling so guilty that I haven't paid her yet!

OK, sorry for the long comment! Hope everything is going good for you guys!

The Crebs Family said...

Yeah for a new post! I love seeing pictures of your cute family! I know how it is being grateful for a toaster...it is the little things in life that make you so happy! :) Say Hi to the fam.