Konnor decided he didnt want to wait until July 22nd to come to our family. On Saturday June 23rd I went into labor and he was born at 350am June 24th. He was 19in 5lb14.5oz. Being early he had underdeveloped lungs so they shipped him to the nearest hospital with a full NICU. He got the best of care and was able to come home on July 4th. We went up to see him and asked how soon we could bring him home and they said "How about TODAY!!" Wow. They said his lung issues were taken care of and he was doing amazing. Here are pics of his progress.

Pic taken Friday before he was born

First thoughts by all man he looks like Keegan
Right after born checking him out

I got to hold him for like 30 seconds before they took him away to further check his lungs since he looked like he was breathing hard.

This is after they took the intibation tube out of his nose, my sis has those pics and more. He had the breathing tube to help him but was breathing on his own. The tube in his mouth was a feeding tube, it took a few days to get him to accept food and then they had to wait till he wasnt intibated to introduce the bottle.

They finally took the tube out of his belly button that went thru his artery to his heart to monitor more stuff. We finally got to hold him for real!
He is our little trooper, the nicu team call them Wimpy White Boys apparently they are the worst to come early. He is now home and doing great. He would prefer to sleep were its noise than quiet. I guess all those machines in the nicu helped with that.
Will finish post when more pics are on computer, this weekend.
3 comments:
I'm so glad he's doing good. How';s Keegan adjusting?
Keegan is adjusting pretty good he just doesn't understand why we get upset when he climbs into the crib,bassinet, swing etc.
Ashli, congrats on the baby boy! He is a sweetheart and I'm glad he is doing well. It is fun to see how you all are doing. Thanks for checking into my blog so I could check yours out! :-)
Post a Comment